Johnson Group Contracting
March 21, 2018, 12:24:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We are getting 15,000 hack attempts per month, we have turned off registration of new members until new code is available to better protect our sites...

Welcome to the Forums produced by Johnson Group Contracting...     
 Please post your projects or thoughts.

You will need to be registered in, to view and post on this site properly.

ATTACHMENTS: Image attachments will be displayed under your posts if you include them (we like pictures, but please size them before posting!).
You must log in with a user name to post attachments.

(Cookies need to be enabled for this site so you can navigate properly.)
Privacy: We have no interest in your personal information, any information that is recorded is for the function of the Forums only and will not be shared with anyone.

To visit the Contracting Website - Click Banner a top of page-

Our Corporate Website can be found at
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: poured concrete wall cracked and leaking!  (Read 3429 times)

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:22:37 AM »

I have a 8 foot long crack on my basement wall that is leaking pretty steadily.  I have had the crack repairman out 3 times for this problem.  He has injected it with some kind of epoxy.  He is coming again today to solve it hopefully for good.  This particular wall is underneath my attached garage so excavating it would be a difficult and expensive undertaking.  But there is alot of water coming in and I would like to stop the water on the outside.  Any ideas on how to get under the garage floor and removing the water ?

Thank you!

ps  I am in Michigan and we have had tons of rain this winter!
Rod Johnson
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:49:59 AM »

The problem is that the repairman is using epoxy to seal a leak. The recommended injection material would be polyurethane resin. Urethane is a flexible material while epoxy is very rigid.

Because the crack has been worked on so much, high pressure methods should be used. This can be done using our 3/8" hammer-in plastic ports and a grease gun. The recommended product that we carry would be the AquaLASTIC polyurethane resin. See our online store for product details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

We sell injection grouting products in our online shop!
See it at