Johnson Group Contracting
March 21, 2018, 12:24:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We are getting 15,000 hack attempts per month, we have turned off registration of new members until new code is available to better protect our sites...

Welcome to the Forums produced by Johnson Group Contracting...     
 Please post your projects or thoughts.

You will need to be registered in, to view and post on this site properly.

ATTACHMENTS: Image attachments will be displayed under your posts if you include them (we like pictures, but please size them before posting!).
You must log in with a user name to post attachments.

(Cookies need to be enabled for this site so you can navigate properly.)
Privacy: We have no interest in your personal information, any information that is recorded is for the function of the Forums only and will not be shared with anyone.

To visit the Contracting Website - Click Banner a top of page-

Our Corporate Website can be found at
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: It finally happened!  (Read 3519 times)

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:53:14 PM »

Well it finally happened.
My worst fears has finally come to light. Last weak, my sump pum wasnt working and my basement finally flooded. Of course, I feel 90% responsible only because I notice some oddities the night before and decided, NAH, just wet outside so of course water is going to seap through any and all cracks in the basement. DUH! I even walked over to my sump pump, looked at why it wasn't full or any sound sof water trickling at least because of the 24 hrs of rain we were having, and the 3 weeks of on and off wet weather. Hmm, should I have made sure that my sump pump was working. NAH! I'm too tired and I'm now going to bed without giving it a second though. Lesson everyone. Always check and re-check your sump pump systems. Especially when the weather has been wet for weeks.
Now, to anyone that knows anything about sump pumps and back up systems, I have a link of a system that looks good and reads good. But is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Karl Kennedy
Rod Johnson
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »

Karl, checking the sump pump regularily is good advice indeed.

The link to the sump system you provided shows a well thought out design. I used to be a dealer for the company promoting the design. This configuation can be duplicated with off the shelf items that are available at most plumbing parts outlets and likely for a lower price. At some point in time I will post a price list of the parts used in these systems and some wholesale suppliers.

We build them in this config as customers request them or we recommend the config in very water prone areas.

Remember that the battery back-up pumps do not come close to the pumping capacity of the main AC pumps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

We sell injection grouting products in our online shop!
See it at