Johnson Group Contracting
January 16, 2018, 08:47:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION! - REGISTRATION HAS BEEN DISABLED!

We are getting 15,000 hack attempts per month, we have turned off registration of new members until new code is available to better protect our sites...

Welcome to the Leak-Proof.com Forums produced by Johnson Group Contracting...     
 Please post your projects or thoughts.

You will need to be registered in, to view and post on this site properly.

ATTACHMENTS: Image attachments will be displayed under your posts if you include them (we like pictures, but please size them before posting!).
You must log in with a user name to post attachments.

(Cookies need to be enabled for this site so you can navigate properly.)
Privacy: We have no interest in your personal information, any information that is recorded is for the function of the Forums only and will not be shared with anyone.

To visit the Contracting Website - Click Banner a top of page-

Our Corporate Website can be found at http://www.johnsongrouponlineinc.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stone foundation  (Read 5603 times)
labo57

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:22:33 AM »

I have a stone and rock foundation which leaks on one side of the house.  I just recently dug along the foundation about one foot down and two feet wide to pour concrete.  I made sure to angle the concrete away from the foundation.  Well it just rained and the basement leak again along the wall and floor inside the house, it actually pour in.  Will I have to dig deeper to get further down along the foundation to pour more concrete or is there something else maybe put a pipe to lead the water away.  Can you help

Labo57
Rod Johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »

I believe you will need a waterproof membrane to extend from the grade line to down below the floor level on the exterior. At a level below the floor, you will need a drain tile to collect the water. You will Then need to direct the drain tile into a sump system so you can eject it from the house. This is a typical weeping tile installation with a membrane. Be very carefull to never dig below the level of the base of the wall or footing. The method you are attempting to use will never work.

big-o.com has drawings you can refer to.

copy and paste this link into your browser:

http://www.big-o.com/catalogue/Foundation%20Protection/Platon%20Foundation%20Brochure%20FINAL.pdf
labo57

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »

The foundation I have is not flat, but jaggered rocks.  I don't think the waterproof membrane will work after looking at the sight you sent.  That is why I dug along the foundation. 
Rod Johnson
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 05:39:41 PM »

You may be able to use a spray on membrane or investigate the interior options.
labo57

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 07:52:11 PM »

Would a contractor have to do the spray on, or would I beable to do this?  Also would the ground around the foundation have to be dug up?
Rod Johnson
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 09:16:22 PM »

You need the right equipment to spray it on and yes it would require a full excavation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

We sell injection grouting products in our online shop!
See it at http://leak-proof.com/catalog