Johnson Group Contracting
November 22, 2017, 08:01:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION! - REGISTRATION HAS BEEN DISABLED!

We are getting 15,000 hack attempts per month, we have turned off registration of new members until new code is available to better protect our sites...

Welcome to the Leak-Proof.com Forums produced by Johnson Group Contracting...     
 Please post your projects or thoughts.

You will need to be registered in, to view and post on this site properly.

ATTACHMENTS: Image attachments will be displayed under your posts if you include them (we like pictures, but please size them before posting!).
You must log in with a user name to post attachments.

(Cookies need to be enabled for this site so you can navigate properly.)
Privacy: We have no interest in your personal information, any information that is recorded is for the function of the Forums only and will not be shared with anyone.

To visit the Contracting Website - Click Banner a top of page-

Our Corporate Website can be found at http://www.johnsongrouponlineinc.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wet floor and leaks between block foundation  (Read 5410 times)
Gus
« on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »

Good afternoon, I have come across your method of fixing water issues in crawl spaces and am very interested in the idea. I have a block wall foundation in my crawl space and because of the amount of water that flows down my back hill towards my house if created a water issue ONLY in the  winter when the ground is frozen and we have a big rain and the water doesn’t get absorbed. My crawl space is block wall but the floor that was poured is only a skim coat (1963 construction) and it seams that the floor is always damp under something you place on the floor. My skim coat floor about 1 inch was poured even with the footing instead of pouring it on top. With your method do you use the black outside dimpled wall backfill protection roll sheeting on the inside walls and what would you do to stop the floor from being damp, would you have to pour another concrete slab over the skim coat? I think I will still have a damp floor because there is no insulating factor in the floor?

Rod Johnson
Admin
Administrator

President - Johnson Group Contracting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 08:58:34 AM »

Darrin:
You would need to first drill the bottom of each block and block joint with a 3/8” diam. hole, then line the entire floor and up the walls 1.5 blocks high with the dimpled air gap membrane. There needs to be a standard sump system installed and then 2.5 – 3” of new 25mpa concrete poured over the membrane. This system has always worked very well in the circumstances you have described.
If you provide some pictures and dimensions I can give a budget quote.

Not you average basement repair contractor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

We sell injection grouting products in our online shop!
See it at http://leak-proof.com/catalog