Johnson Group Contracting
October 23, 2018, 02:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION! - REGISTRATION HAS BEEN DISABLED!

We are getting 15,000 hack attempts per month, we have turned off registration of new members until new code is available to better protect our sites...

Welcome to the Leak-Proof.com Forums produced by Johnson Group Contracting...     
 Please post your projects or thoughts.

You will need to be registered in, to view and post on this site properly.

ATTACHMENTS: Image attachments will be displayed under your posts if you include them (we like pictures, but please size them before posting!).
You must log in with a user name to post attachments.

(Cookies need to be enabled for this site so you can navigate properly.)
Privacy: We have no interest in your personal information, any information that is recorded is for the function of the Forums only and will not be shared with anyone.

To visit the Contracting Website - Click Banner a top of page-

Our Corporate Website can be found at http://www.johnsongrouponlineinc.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At my wits end  (Read 2794 times)
KarlK
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »

Hello again,
Been awhile since I posted anything. Truth is that my sump pump went dry during that summer and before the winter, we found it necessary to dig a modified french drain system along the side of my house to help guide the water away. We had the sump pump tie into this to allow the water flow underground. To be prepared. All was great, until the spring of 2008. As usual, water started flowing through my sump pump. No problem, I have it covered. All has been okay, but I have worried consistently because my pump won't stop. This spring/summer has been very wet, and I literally have a river flowing to my sump and out it goes. Wife and I have been saving up for a good system that has battery back-up because we had a flood due to the sump pump getting stuck, but that was my fault. See previous post for that story.
As I digress, the fac is, I am now scared. It won't stop, and I just went down and saw that the floor and wall around the sump pump is damp. This scares me to no end because we are just about to sell our house. I have tried almost everything. Friends and neighbours have suggested I connect it to the main sewer line. I know this is illegal and WILL NOT do that. I wonder if exceptions of this by-law have been approved in severe cases. I don't know if this is the solution or not. Right now I'm venting because I just wanna curl up and hide. I don't want to end up spending thousands to fix when I am moving, but also I don't want to stick it to the next guy. That just doesnt sit well with me. Can anyone offer me advice?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

We sell injection grouting products in our online shop!
See it at http://leak-proof.com/catalog